Sunny Cycles needs to collect and use certain information about individuals.
These include members, volunteers, employees, and other people the organisation has a relationship with or may need to contact.
This notice describes how this personal data must be collected, handled and stored to comply with the Data Protection Act 2018 & UK GDPR.
Your personal data
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by Data Protection Act 2018 & UK GDPR.
Who are we?
The data controller of the personal data referred to in this policy is Sunny Cycles. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How we process your data
Sunny Cycles complies with its obligations under UK GDPR by keeping personal data up to date;
- by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data;
- by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public as specified in our constitution;
- To administer membership records;
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the charity;
- To manage our employees and volunteers;
- To maintain our own accounts and records.
- Our processing also includes the use of CCTV systems for the prevention of crime.
- To operate the Sunny Cycles web site and deliver the services that individuals have requested.
- To inform individuals of news, events, activities or services running at Sunny Cycles.
- To process gift aid applications.
- To contact individuals via surveys to conduct research about their opinions of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
The legal basis for processing your data
The legal basis on which we collect and process the personal data described above depends on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will only use your personal information where we:
- Have your consent to do so;
- Need the personal data to perform a contract with you;
- Need to process your personal information for our legitimate interests and only where our legitimate interests are not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms;
- Have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you; or
- Need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time, and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and Sunny Cycles will only use your personal information to:
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Sunny Cycles;
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from Sunny Cycles or which we feel may interest you, where we are legally entitled to do so;
- Notify you about changes to our service;
- Contact you for evaluation purposes.
We will only share your data with third parties outside of the organisation with your consent.
How long we keep your personal data
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary and we only retain your data for safeguarding purposes and will only retain your personal data for as long as a project is valid or as per the legal requirement alternatively, as per the signed employment contract, or volunteer/sessional worker agreement.
Yours rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under UK GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Sunny Cycles holds about you;
- The right to request that Sunny Cycles corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Sunny Cycles to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable)
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please see the ICO’s ‘Contact us’ or call 0303 123 1113.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing. To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact us.